Saturday, February 17, 2007

Am I Crazy?

I should have posted something on Thursday night.  It never fails, I get the most traffic on Thursdays.  I do not know why.


Okay anyways.  Guess what I did.  Go on, just guess.  ( I do this to Tom, too, it drives him nuts)  Give up?


I joined the Student Senate!


I guess that rally the other day inspired me to be a part of something that can make a difference. 


This is not going to be like that time I joined the MATC Times and then never wrote anything.  I actually already requested off for the meetings on the first and third Fridays of the month.


Here's the back story:


I take notes for several people in my Econ class.  One of those people is a very nice guy who also happens to be on the Senate.  He was talking to me while I was copying my notes for him (he says I take very good notes, by the way) and invited me to join.  It was the last day possible and we had to get 25 signatures from students in order to get me on the ballot. 


Well, I'm so glad I was dressed nicely and my hair was looking cute because that made it easier to approach some of the guys (one said he wouldn't sign unless I gave him my number but he was kidding and then he signed it anyways).  After I got 25 signatures, I filled out the paperwork and went to write myself in on the ballot.  (I guess all you need is one vote, the process is just a formality.)  Then I took a tour of the Senate office and saw some of what they do and so forth.  So now it is official, and I have already made some friends, and I have something great to put on my resume!


Am I crazy?  I have a part time job, a freelance job, two note-taking jobs, I'm taking 12 credits, I'm joining a gym, I'm on the student senate, and I have a family and a boyfriend.  And a blog!


 OMFG

No comments: