Thursday, April 12, 2007

I look like crap for a good reason...

I look like crap.  My hair is in an 80's ponytail and it's all greasy and out of place .  I'm wearing a dingy tshirt and sweatpants.  My face is red and oily and I'm not wearing any makeup.  Oh, and I stink.


But these are all good things!


Because I just came from the gym.  I have been working out for the last three days in a row.  Go me!  I joined Cardinal Fitness, which is one of those no contract, no frills, $20 per month gyms.  Cuz hey, what do I need frills for?  Some of the gyms we visited had a mini spa in the locker room and complimentary laundry service and padded benches in the locker rooms.  I don't need all that-- I just come in, work out, then go home.  Bam.  Twenty bucks.  No biggie. 


It feels so great to jump right back in to this whole exercise thing.  I am tempted to overdo it, though.  I'm walking on the treadmill and a great song comes on and I'm like, "I could so run right now, for like at least 15 minutes."  But I know I have to work my way back up to running.  I hate that, when you try to pump it up and then you have to stop maybe 5 minutes into it because you bit off more than you could chew....


For now I just did 35 minutes on the cross trainer thingee and 30 minutes on the treadmill (on an incline!) 


I don't know if I'm really trying to lose weight or not.  I just want to be in better shape.  Or have the option to blow off steam with a workout if I need to.  I haven't weighed myself because I haven't weighed myself in more than a year.  The number, I think, would haunt me.  It did haunt me pretty badly right after I lost all the weight.  But once I stopped caring what the number was, and just focused on how I felt and how my clothes fit, I was a lot better-- well, that and Overeaters Anonymous and several counseling sessions.


But anyways my point is, I'm working out.  I'm not expecting to be a size 6 by June or anything.  I just think I can feel better by doing this. 


I'm going to take a shower now.

No comments: